Repeal & Replace Bill Delayed A Week?
As the vaping world approached the one year anniversary of the release of the FDA Regulations, the industry received a gift in the form of the ‘Cigarette Smoking Reduction and Electronic Vapor Alternatives Act of 2017.’’ The bill submitted by vape legend, California Representative Duncan Hunter, is nicknamed the “Repeal & Replace” act as it would essentially accomplish three things.
- It would remove ENDS products from the tobacco category, and reclassify into their own category.
- The bill would essentially “Repeal” the FDA Regulations through reclassification because the FDA would lose their regulatory power over vaping that was given to them by the Tobacco Control Act.
- And the bill would “Replace” the regulations with an industry created regulatory system.
The effect of this legislation is massive and immediate as it would:
- The removal of the tobacco label alone from vape products is enough to cause clouds of celebratory vapor to fill the skies.
- By taking away the authority of the FDA, vaping would once again be free to expand and innovate.
There are certainly questions about this bill that need to get answers - and The Vaping Advocate has submitted their questions to the appropriate parties - however, we are hopeful that this bill moves the industry along in a forward direction.